Donations

https://www.paypal.me/ellepersephone

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rinse and Repeat

I should have known something was up when he winked at me.

We met at a smelly Baskin Robbins on a Saturday afternoon. Too bad it was close to freezing that day. The aroma of over-cooked sugar cookie cones was overwhelming. When he walked in he was very tall. He winked at me and stopped dead. I had to get up and walk over to him. I asked if he would prefer to go to Starbucks next door. I needed a warm drink.

As we walked along, he seemed nervous. He talked but did not ask me any questions about myself. He was humourless. We talked about dogs. He said he was like a golden retriever, that he was super friendly. I was bored. When it began to rain he brought out an umbrella and held it over our heads. From a distance, we looked like a nice couple.

I was surprised when he agreed to sit down for a drink. I just needed to get out of the teeth of the gale force wind. I was even more surprised when he ordered food. The alcohol made him a bit looser. I talked a little. I could tell he didn't like it. He got red in the face and began leering and winking at me across the table. I wondered why he bothered. I felt like he was looking for a Barbie Doll. He told me that his live-in girlfriend had left him for his friend, but that he was over it.

I asked for the bill and then I asked him if he wanted to leave. He seemed to have lost all energy and motivation. We walked down the street. He offered to pay but I wanted to split it. He seemed lost when I said I was going home. He offered to drive me to the train station. Instead, he got close to the train station and dropped me at a red light. He opened his arms like he wanted me to hug him but when I got close he didn't touch me. He waved at me through the window, winking and leering. I never heard from him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. New posts published every Friday. Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
No, I will not be your Facebook friend!