This is not a real blog post. This is a list of the different uses of the word WIDOW.
1. Widow’s watch – balcony to watch the sea for mariner’s wives
2. Merry Widow – sexy lingerie
3. Widow’s peak – hair
4. Widow’s weeds – clothing when husband has died
5. Black Widow – killer spider or woman
6. Grass widow –relationship that has been killed but husband remains alive
7. Widowmaker -mankiller
8. widow and orphan margins – documents (wha'?)
9. Italian Widow - a young woman who dresses older than her age, often in sombre colours.
A male who has lost his wife by death and not re-married is called a widower. No other usages in English for that word. Interesting, no?